It is finally Spring! We want to give you some tips to clean and organize your outdoor spaces. Here are seven things you can do in March:
Here are 4 Steps to a Relaxing Outdoor Space:
- Now's a good time for pressure washing the outside of your home. It's very important that you or your contractor be very careful around your windows. Pressure washing is an easy way to break the seal and lead to "fogged" windows.
- If you pressure wash pavers, you may need to re-sand in between so that they don't shift. You may want to consider sealing your pavers to keep a rich color longer.
- Clean patio furniture with an all-purpose cleaner.
- I usually wait until April to buy Spring flowers, we often get a couple more "cold snaps" in March that could kill all of your new plants.
Here are some other items we recommend monthly:
- Trash cans: bleach outside trash cans and recycle bins, disinfect inside trash cans (monthly)
- Garbage disposal: run baking soda and citrus fruit rinds through the disposal to freshen the lines and crushed ice to sharpen the blades (monthly)
Want some ideas for decorating your home this month? Our Pinterest board "Home Decorating for Every Occasion" has ideas for ways to decorate your home each month of the year.
Keeping up maintenance on your home is the best way to keep the value of your biggest investment. We put these lists together monthly based on what we see in the real estate market and home inspections. Taking the time to do these things each month can keep you from feeling overwhelmed when you think of selling, and give you peace of mind.
If you need a resource for a pressure washer, window cleaner, lawn service, landscape designer, or any vendors to create an outdoor space that's an extension of your living space, give us a call 904.826.3690.