Happy Spring! The flowers are starting to bloom this month- but in Northeast Florida, it also means "April showers" are coming. We spend the month of April on the following items in and around our home.
Here are Some Spring Cleaning Tips:
- Keep your HVAC system running smoothly and improve your home’s air quality by having a professional clean your home’s air ducts. Eliminate dust mites and other allergens in the air by also changing your HVAC filters regularly. Have your dryer vent cleaned at the same time, to increase your dryer’s efficiency and help reduce the risk of fire due to lint build-up.
- Check to be sure your irrigation system is running well. Schedule any maintenance needed, so that your yard and garden will be ready for summer’s heat.
- Repair cracked or peeling exterior paint. Inspect the outside trim of your home, especially around doors and windows. A coat of paint not only can make your home look tidy, it also will provide a protective barrier from the elements.
- Remove winter throws to visually lighten the space for spring. Sell unused items at a yard sale or donate them to charity. Organize towels, linens and bedding.
Here are some other items we recommend monthly:
- Trash cans: bleach outside trash cans and recycle bins, disinfect inside trash cans (monthly)
- Garbage disposal: run baking soda and citrus fruit rinds through the disposal to freshen the lines and crushed ice to sharpen the blades (monthly)
Want some ideas for decorating your home this month? Our Pinterest board "Home Decorating for Every Occasion" has ideas for ways to decorate your home each month of the year.
Keeping up maintenance on your home is the best way to keep the value of your biggest investment. We put these lists together monthly based on what we see in the real estate market and home inspections. Taking the time to do these things each month can keep you from feeling overwhelmed when you think of selling, and give you peace of mind.
If you need contractors for HVAC, irrigation repair, painting, or any other items, give us a call for a referral 904.826.3690.